Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Brown Shoes & Heart Space

Getting rid of junk takes time and energy, and those things are in low supply around these parts. I've been working out with my eldest late at night, and waking up at 6am with the already terrible,almost two year old. 

Today, she drew on the couch(in purple, no less!), attempted to write on the door (also in purple), climbed onto the table, took her sister's cash, ate about seven clementines, and I could go on...  Fun times! Not excuses, mind you, just stating the facts.

Despite all the above, Jesus taught this in Matthew 6:19, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal" (ESV). Which leads to one question: "How shall I then live?" In obedience to Christ's word or in defiance of it? I do get to choose.

And so I know that everything is a process, but I'm so manic at times, which is not good. The closet is coming along so beautiful that I guess I've been just resting at this point for the last few days, and enjoying breathing deeply every time I walk into that space.

So in honor of forward momentum, I bring you (drum roll, please)this . . .

.
.
.
.


No, folks. Do not adjust your screens. You are, in fact, looking at three pairs of brown shoes. In my defense, they really are three different shades of brown.

I know I don't need all three, but how do I know which ONE to let go.(Let me start slow.) The Carlos Santana's are so cute and comfortable, the Kelly and Katie are so everyday comfy, and works with many different looks, and the Nine West pair are such a great color.But the truth is I've worn them once. Their awkwardly wide around my toes and kinda high.

So, I guess, maybe I can let those go. They'll be out in the garage tomorrow...never to be seen here again...clearing head space...clearing heart space. Okay then. I'm good. 

From Home with Love,

Simone 

No comments:

Post a Comment